Thursday 15 August 2013

Panettone ~ Italian Sweet Bread

Yesterday went Jusco to have my groceries shopping, and saw this cute little muffin-like cake. Well, it really looks like a muffin for me. Actually I saw this cake before, but never dare to try it out since I don't really fancy the texture of a muffin.

So, yesterday, I plucked up the courage to buy this little cutie as my today's breakfast. So here is it now... Panettone!!!!


I google it today to check out what is all this Panettone about. According to wikipedia, Panettone is a kind of sweet bread loaf originated from Italy. Yes, it is bread, not muffin. What a relieve to know that... haha... 

It is usually prepared and enjoyed during Christmas and New Year in western countries. It contains citron, lemon zest and raisins. The texture is similar to a bread, may be harder compare to normal soft bread. The taste is nice, not too much of dried fruits inside, therefore the taste is not very sweet. Like it!

Seems like I'm eating this panettone too early..as it is not yet Christmas now, not even near to it... haha...



PS:  Luckily I bought it and gave myself a chance to taste it. Thinking of a situation when you are about to do a decision, things like that might be happening all the time. You are not familiar with something, but if you never try it out, you will never know how it gonna be, just like this panettone, if I never pluck up my courage to buy it and still having the impression that it will be tasted like a muffin, then I will never know the taste, you might be seeing me calling this little cutie as MUFFIN the next time I saw this bread around. Well, I'm relieved... yes, relieved... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping comments. Hope you enjoy reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...