Wednesday 8 May 2013

Enquiries About Dietitian

I'm back after so many days!!!

I received an email from a reader few days ago and I would like to share the information for all those who needed it. Thanks for the email, Ester. 

Here's the email : 

I saw your blog while I'm searching information about dietetics course.I would like to ask you some question about dietician..I hope you don't mind to answer my question...

1.What is the salary range of dietician for fresh graduate and experienced dietician?

2.Does the job opportunity for dietician wide for nowadays in our country?

3.Is it hard to get the dietetics course for local university like USM,UKM?

Answer : 

I think those are the popular questions for many of you out there, right?

Salary might varies, depends which sector you are in, either government or private hospital. For the salary range, if you work in government sector, the starting salary is about 3k, depends whether you are working in town area or not. For private sector, the starting salary might be a bit lower, but I heard the increment can be fast, besides, private sectors might paying bonus as well, so that's actually increase the amount of salary in general. Salary for fresh graduates and experienced dietitian will definitely be different. For dietitian, experience is very important, more experience means more salary. I believe this happens in all different job as well. 

Job opportunity can be a lot depends what you want to be. Dietitian is expanding day by day now, as announced by our health minister last time, they plan to get dietitian for all hospitals in Malaysia. Dietitian is more and more recognised currently, almost all hospital needs dietitians. Government also allocates dietitians in clinic (klinik kesihatan) in many districts. If you are not so interested in clinical dietitian, you can pursue in many different job which need diet and nutrition advices. 

I'm not sure whether it is difficult to get dietetics course in local universities, but definitely better results have better chances. As I know, dietetics can be one of the popular course for biology students. So, my advice, try to achieve better results so that it eases you to get into any of your favourite courses. 

Thanks for writing to me, hope you enjoy reading my blog.


2 comments:

Thanks for dropping comments. Hope you enjoy reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...