Wednesday 17 September 2014

Batu Caves Visit

This is my first time here... Batu Caves~

I went there after attended my Malay friend's wedding at Selayang. Since the Batu Caves is very near to the wedding I attended. I decided to visit there.

Well, actually I confirmed my trip there just because I wanted to avoid the traffic jam. The direction from Selayang back to PJ was so jammed at that moment. I preferred to make full use of my valuable time, rather than trapped in the jam, doing nothing, but wasting the petrol and causing pollution. 

I have been staying in KL for quite some time, pass by this place for multiple times, but never visit there.

Once you enter the place, there will be a place to collect your parking fee, which is RM2 per car... If you come with a bigger vehicle, the price will be different, the bigger your vehicle, the more they charged. Well, they did charge more for vans and buses, but I could not remember the parking fees.

Well, there are shops around the area, and nothing much left. My sister and I decided to climb up the staircase and see what's inside. There are a few hundreds steps of the staircase and we were so excited as we were able to make our way up till the top.



You will see a very big statue when you enter the area or when you are on your way to get into the cave. 


This is the view from the peak of the staircase. Nothing much to see, only the terrible traffic jam at the highways. 


What a hazy day!


Oh ya, a reminder here, female visitors with short pants and shirts are not allowed to climb up the stair. Perhaps it is a place for worship and females should wear in proper attires when visiting such place.

But another reason will be -- steep staircase! Yes, the staircase is very steep and if you are looking up while climbing up, you can easily see something that you are not suppose to see. LOL...

Therefore, a warm reminder for all female visitors, please wear longer pants and shirts when visiting Batu Caves, if not, you can prepare a scarf and cover up yourselves, just for protection. 

There is also a Dark Cave somewhere near the peak of the Batu Caves. There is extra charges to go inside the cave. If I'm not mistaken, it's about RM35 per pax. 

I peeped a bit and it was so dark that you won't be able to see a thing. That place had unpleasant smell, which smelt some sort like bats' shit. So my sis and I decided not to go inside. Felt creepy when you can't see a thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping comments. Hope you enjoy reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...