Thursday 31 July 2014

Indian Henna Design

Hello, anyone went for holiday during Raya long weekend? I went Penang 2 days ago and would like to share with you, my very first Indian Henna design... 

Many Indians girls open small stalls along the road side and help the tourists to design and draw it. 

The photo below is mine! How was it? nice? It costed me only RM5 for this simple design. They have a lot of different designs, just pick the one you like and they can draw in no time. Of course, if you are picking complicated design, it will cost you more time and money as well. I picked a simple one, just to give it a try!


They used a colouring material called Henna to draw out all the design. They even have different colours to make the design more lively and interesting. I picked green colour for the flower petals. They have other colours like pink, red, purple and blue as well.

This Henna is not a tattoo, the colour will fade off after about 1 week, that's according to what the Indian girl told me. 

Henna is common among Indians, but not for Chinese. I went for work these 2 days and some of my patients look at me as if I'm ALIEN. LOL.... I think they must thought that their dietitian is having a huge colourful tattoo on the back of the hand. This is quite catchy as I always have some hand gesture while explaining/talking to my patients. Haha... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping comments. Hope you enjoy reading.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...